- Cooking Time: 9-12
- Servings: 12-15
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 fully cooked smoked ham
- McCormick season all
- 1lb of bacon
- 1-1 1/2 large vadalia onions coarsly chopped
- 10 packages of crescent rolls
- egg whites
- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- Take your whole smoked ham and chop it in small pieces. Put the chopped ham into a big bowl~ reserve~ While the bacon is still frozen chop into small pieces. Fry the bacon in a large saucepan. When the bacon is 3/4 of the way cooked add the onions. Cover and let cook until onions are soft and bacon is cooked~stir occasionally~ When the bacon is cooked and the onions are soft add the ham. Continue to cook on medium heat until the ham is warm. Drain some of bacon grease from pan. Sprinkle McCormick season all season salt over the mixture. Do not use any other brand than McCormick as it will not taste the same.Take the pan off the stove.Pre heat oven to whatever temperature is on the cresant roll package. Open the cresant rolls. Put a tablespoon of mixture into the middle crescant. Fold over and tuckin sides then finish rolling. Brush the top of the cresant with egg white and put on an cookie sheet that is lined with Reynolds® Parchment Paper and put in the oven 9-12 min depending on oven.
NotesMy Grandma made this recipe and still makes it for every holiday. When my mom married my dad Grandma passed the recipe and art of making pierdega to my mom. Every holiday since my mom has made pierdega and taught me to make it. This year I made the pierdega all by myself. This recipe means a lot to my family because the recipe is a traditional Latvian recipe and we are Latvien. Pierdag is one of those things that is gone before you make it.