- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 125g butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3/4 caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Glace Icing
- 3/4 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1) Preheat oven to moderate (180 degrees C / 160 degrees fan forced). Grease an 8 hole mini loaf pan; line bases with baking paper.
- 2) Beat the butter, rinds and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined between addition. Tranfer the mixture to a large bowl; fold in the combined sifted flour, poppy seeds and orange juice in two batches. Diveds mixture among prepared pans.
- 3) Bake in a moderate oven for about 25 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand cakes in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- 4) Glace Icing : sift the icing sugar into a small heatproof bowl; add the juice and mix to a firm paste. Stir over a small pan of simmering water until the icing is a spreadable consistency; do not overheat.
- 5) Spread glace icing immediately over cold cakes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Recipes for Vitality
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More