POPPY SEED LOAVES
- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 125g butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3/4 caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Glace Icing
- 3/4 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
1) Preheat oven to moderate (180 degrees C / 160 degrees fan forced). Grease an 8 hole mini loaf pan; line bases with baking paper.
2) Beat the butter, rinds and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined between addition. Tranfer the mixture to a large bowl; fold in the combined sifted flour, poppy seeds and orange juice in two batches. Diveds mixture among prepared pans.
3) Bake in a moderate oven for about 25 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand cakes in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
4) Glace Icing : sift the icing sugar into a small heatproof bowl; add the juice and mix to a firm paste. Stir over a small pan of simmering water until the icing is a spreadable consistency; do not overheat.
5) Spread glace icing immediately over cold cakes.