- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 Australian Lamb rib chops
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried, sliced porcini or preferred dried mushrooms
- 2 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 1/2 cup cubed crusty bread
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1.To prepare the lamb, brush generously with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place dried mushrooms, basil and bread in a food processor (or coffee grinder) and process to a fine crumb. Transfer to plate or bowl and press the lamb firmly into the crumb to form a crust. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes (or overnight) to set crust.
- 2.Heat enough oil in a non-stick pan to cover the base. Saute chops, a few at a time, over medium high heat until golden brown and medium rare, about 10 minutes total, or until cooked as desired. To test, press gently with finger. The meat should be firm but springy. Keep warm in a low oven.
- 3.To prepare the pea salad, while the lamb is cooking add peas to pan of boiling, salted water and cook for 30 to 40 seconds. Drain, rinse with cold water and transfer to a bowl. Add feta cheese, mint leaves, a squeeze of lemon, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss well, crushing peas slightly.
- Serve lamb chops and pea salad with additional lemon and olive oil on the side.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Koken met Oma
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More