- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Two-Ingredient Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
- For the Cake:
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- For the Glaze:
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Empty the contents of the boxed cake mix and pumpkin puree into a large bowl. Using a hand-mixer or stand mixer beat until well incorporated. The batter will be very thick, but will come together nicely.
- Pour batter into a greased 7 x 11 X 2 pan. This is the small, rectangular-sized pan from your Pyrex set. You know, the set you had to have when you got married and rarely ever used all the pieces. Finally, you have a use for it.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then flip onto a platter.
- Make the glaze while you're waiting.
- Combine powdered sugar, apple cider and pumpkin pie spice. Glaze should be thick but pourable. Add more sugar or cider if needed. Pour over the cake while still warm. Reserve some to pour over each slice when served.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More