- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 15
- 125 to 150 gms chinese noodles
- 1 medium carrot/gajar, julienned
- 2-3 medium spring onions/hara pyaaz, finely chopped
- 8-10 french beans, thinly sliced diagonally or finely chopped
- 1 small to medium capsicum/green bell pepper, julienned or finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves/lahsun, finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger/adrak, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tsp soy sauce or as required
- 1 tsp finely chopped celery or 1 tsp chopped coriander (both of them have different flavors. celery will give a more chinese flavor and coriander will give an indianised taste)
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt and freshly powdered black pepper as required
- first heat enough water in a pan with salt and few drops of oil.
- when the water comes to a boil, add the noodles.
- stir and allow to cook the noodles till they are just cooked or al dente.
- whilst the noodles are cooking, prepare the veggies.
- once the noodles are cooked well, drain them in a colander or sieve.
- then rinse the noodles in fresh water by placing the colander or sieve under fresh tap water.
- drain & keep aside.
- heat oil in a wok or pan.
- first add the garlic and ginger and stir fry on medium flame for some seconds.
- increase the flame to high & add the chopped spring onions.
- keep on stirring continuously and stir fry the onions till they become translucent.
- add the veggies - carrots, capsicum and french beans.
- continue to toss & stir fry on a high flame till the veggies are almost cooked.
- use a pan with handles as its better to lift it while tossing.
- you can also decrease the flame if the heat becomes too much too handle and then stir fry the veggies on a medium flame.
- some crunch should be there in the vegetables, so don't cook the vegetables till they become completely soft.
- add the soy sauce, celery, salt and pepper. stir and then add the noodles.
- keep on tossing and stirring till the veggies are mixed well with the noodles for minute or two. switch off the fire.
- check the taste and add more salt, black pepper or soy sauce if required.
- serve the veg noodles steaming hot as it is or with some black bean sauce or tomato sauce.
- you can also serve the noodles with veg manchurian or veg balls in hot garlic sauce.
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More