- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 750g sugar
- 350g double cream
- 250g thick glucose
- 375g white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 62g butter
- 1 and a half teaspoons of vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, put the sugar, cream and glucose. Slowly bring to the boil on a very low heat. Keeping on a low heat to avoid burning, use a sugar thermometer to bring to the soft boil stage, about 114 degrees. When this is reached, turn off heat, give another gentle stir.
- Straight away, in the microwave, melt the chocolate with the butter. Stir thoroughly, and gently stir into the sugar mixture. Also stir in the vanilla, although if making different flavours, this is when to add them.
- Pour into a 10 inch by 7 (roughly) baking tray that has been lined with clingfilm. Allow to cool thoroughly, then cut. Delicious!
NotesI took a patisserie course here in England, and this is the recipe we were given to use. I have varied the flavours, like using milk chocolate instead of white, or adding M & M's, or maple extract and toasted pecans, the possibilites are endless. I also made a few flavours and sold bags of this fudge at my farmers market stall. It also keeps for about 4 weeks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More