- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One 8-ounce can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 cups Splenda granulated (yellow bag – do NOT use Splenda Blends which contain real sugar!)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and halved
- ½ cup butter (one stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon Bliss syrup as a drizzle – optional
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 8 by 10 inch glass baking dish or use a shallow foil pan. (The photo shown is a double batch)
- Unroll dough without pulling apart the triangles, flatten slightly with a rolling pin and cut into 8 rectangles.
- Blend ½ cup Splenda and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a small dish.
- Place 1 teaspoon of this mixture on a dough piece; top with an apple half and wrap the dough around the apple pinching the seams to enclose.
- Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Neatness does not count.
- Combine the remaining Splenda, cinnamon, butter, and vanilla with 1 cup of water in a small saucepan and heat on medium high until butter melts and a thin smooth syrup forms. Pour the syrup over the dumplings.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesMakes 8 dumplings Per serving: calories 165, fat 6g, carbs 13g, protein 2g
Adapted from Sue on OH...shes great to share this idea with me I only use 1 of the splenda.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More