S/F BAKED APPLE DUMPLINGS
- One 8-ounce can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 cups Splenda granulated (yellow bag – do NOT use Splenda Blends which contain real sugar!)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and halved
- ½ cup butter (one stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon Bliss syrup as a drizzle – optional
Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 8 by 10 inch glass baking dish or use a shallow foil pan. (The photo shown is a double batch)
Unroll dough without pulling apart the triangles, flatten slightly with a rolling pin and cut into 8 rectangles.
Blend ½ cup Splenda and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a small dish.
Place 1 teaspoon of this mixture on a dough piece; top with an apple half and wrap the dough around the apple pinching the seams to enclose.
Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Neatness does not count.
Combine the remaining Splenda, cinnamon, butter, and vanilla with 1 cup of water in a small saucepan and heat on medium high until butter melts and a thin smooth syrup forms. Pour the syrup over the dumplings.
Bake uncovered at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Adapted from Sue on OH...shes great to share this idea with me I only use 1 of the splenda.