- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 10
- Ingredients: Fresh Baked Rye Bread, Salmon, Mayonnaise, Lemon Juice, Capers, Dijon Mustard, Ugly Ripe Tomatoes, Lettuce
- Directions: Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to a very hot non-stick saute pan. Saute salmon fro 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Once you've added the salmon, don't move it around, this allows it to get crispy on the outside. Put the salmon to the side and let it cool for a few minutes.
- While the salmon is cooling you can make the lemon~caper mayonnaise. Using a mini food processor, add a 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2-3 tablespoons of capers. I love capers so I add a little extra. Blend till smooth. If you don't have a mini food processor, just add ingredients to a bowl and mix till smooth.
- Based on your preference, you can mash capers with a fork before mixing for a smoother consistency.
- Slice tomatoes and lettuce (Optional)
- Constructing your Sandwich
- Spread lemon~caper mayonnaise on Rye Bread, top with Pan Seared Salmon, Tomato and Lettuce. I like to serve a little extra mayonnaise on the side.
- Whole Foods and Publix Greenwise makes fresh bread everyday. Ask them to slice it for you so you get even slices.
- Don't add salt to the lemon~caper mayonnaise, capers are really salty!
- Saute Salmon with the skin on, this adds lots of flavor. Once it's cooked the skin will peel right off. If you prefer not to cook the salmon with the skin, ask your local fish monger to take the skin off.
- Make an extra piece of salmon and refrigerate. Flake over a salad for your lunch the next day.
NotesSandwiches get boring after a while. Why not try something new?
Salmon is high in protein and omega~3 fatty acids.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More