- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 tomatillos (peeled, washed and quartered)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 3-4 jalapenos, (halved, with seeds partially removed)
- olive oil
- put the first 3 ingredients in a pot with water and bring to a boil, allow to simmer until they lose their color and become mushy.
- cool, and strain, but reserve the water incase you need to thin out the salsa.
- once cool, put the strained stuff into a blender with a generous handful of fresh cilantro, a glug :) of olive oil and 1-2 fresh jalapenos (depending on how spicy you want it- we used 2, chop them finely)...blend it all together and add salt or the reserved cooking liquid to desired taste/consistency.
- a tip- if you have an immersion blender you can just add the 2nd round of ingredients into the pot after you've strained it and blend it in there, eliminating the mess of the transfer into a real blender
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More