- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 9-12
- Preparation Time: 7-10
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (60 percent cacao), finely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 20 caramels, quartered
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- melt the butter in a medium bowl over a saucepan on medium high heat add in bittersweet chocolate stir with wooden spoon till chocolate is mostly melted stir well and set aside
- Beat the eggs, sugar, and salt on high speed with a standing or electric mixer for 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla. Stir in the chocolate mixture, flour, and cocoa powder. Fold in caramels.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan, and bake for 24 minutes, or until the edges are done and the middle is just set. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Yield: 9 to 12 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More