- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 750ml (3 cups) fish stock
- 375ml (2 1/2 cups) hot water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 330g (1 1/2 cups) arborio rice
- 16 (about 400g) black mussels, debearded
- 12 (about 300g) cooked praws, peeled leaving talls intact
- 2 tsp garlic pepper sauce
- 2 tsp chopped fresh continental parsley
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
Combine the stock and water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and hold at a gentle simmer.
Meanwhile, heat oil a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add onion and cook stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add rice and cook for 30 seconds or until grains appear slightly glassy. Increase heat to high.
Add 1 1/4 cups (310ml) of simmering stock mixture to rice, stirring with a wooden spoon and cook for 1 - 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Continue to add stock mixture,1 1/4 cups at a time, stirring. Allow all liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Add mussels to pan with last portion of stock mixture. Cook for 2 minutes then add prawns and garlic pepper sauce. Cook for 2 minutes or until mussels have opened and rice is tender yet firm to the bite. (the rice will take about 15 minutes to cook.)
Remove from heat, discard any unopened mussels. Stir in 1 tbs of parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with remaining parsley.