- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 750ml (3 cups) fish stock
- 375ml (2 1/2 cups) hot water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 330g (1 1/2 cups) arborio rice
- 16 (about 400g) black mussels, debearded
- 12 (about 300g) cooked praws, peeled leaving talls intact
- 2 tsp garlic pepper sauce
- 2 tsp chopped fresh continental parsley
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the stock and water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and hold at a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat oil a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add onion and cook stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add rice and cook for 30 seconds or until grains appear slightly glassy. Increase heat to high.
- Add 1 1/4 cups (310ml) of simmering stock mixture to rice, stirring with a wooden spoon and cook for 1 - 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Continue to add stock mixture,1 1/4 cups at a time, stirring. Allow all liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Add mussels to pan with last portion of stock mixture. Cook for 2 minutes then add prawns and garlic pepper sauce. Cook for 2 minutes or until mussels have opened and rice is tender yet firm to the bite. (the rice will take about 15 minutes to cook.)
- Remove from heat, discard any unopened mussels. Stir in 1 tbs of parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with remaining parsley.