- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Australian Lamb shanks seasoned flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 sprig thyme 1
- 14.5 ounce can tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- • 1 cup white wine
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Trim lamb shanks and dust with flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large saucepan and brown the shanks on all sides.
- Remove from pan, add remaining oil, onion, carrots, and celery.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Return shanks to the pan and add thyme, tomatoes, stock, wine, and enough water so liquid just covers the meat of the shanks.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 1 ½ to 2 hours, or until lamb is starting to fall off the bone.
- Remove and discard thyme.
- To prepare the pesto, combine parsley, mint, garlic, and pine nuts in blender and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add Parmesan cheese and olive oil in a steady stream until mixture forms a thick paste, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with extra olive oil to preserve until ready to serve.
- When shanks are nearly cooked, cook the spaghetti according to directions on packet.
- Drain and toss with half of the pesto, reserving some for garnish.
- To serve, remove lamb from broth and shred the meat.
- Spoon pasta into large bowls, top with the lamb and some pan juices.
- Drizzle with reserved pesto.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More