- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1.5l (6 cup) vegetable stock
- 60g (3 tbs) butter
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 440g (2 cups) arborio rice
- 250ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 150g smoked trout, flaked into large pieces
- 3 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tbs chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- fresh dill sprigs, extra to serve
- caper creme fraiche
- 120ml creme fraiche
- 2 tbs caper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- to make the caper creme fraiche, combine the creme fraiche, caper, garlic and lemon rind in a small bowl. cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- bring the stock just to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. cover, reduce heat to low and hold at a gently simmer.
- melt the butter in a large heavy based saucepan over medium low until forming. add onion and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until soft and translucent. add the rice and stir over medium heat for 1 minute or until the grains appear slightly glassy. add the wine and lemon juice and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until almost all the liquid is absorbed. add a ladleful (about 125ml / 1/2 cup) of the simmering stock to the rice mixture and stir constantly with wooden spoon over medium heat until liquid is completely absorbed. continue to add the stock a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly. allow the liquid to be absorbed before adding more. the rice will take about 25 - 30 minutes to cook. once the last ladleful of stock is just absorbed, the rice should be tender yet firm to the bite. remove from heat and gently stir in the trout, parsley and dill. taste and season with salt and pepper. cover and strand for 5 minutes. spoon the risotto into serving dishes, top with a dollop of the caper creme fraiche and garnish with dill sprigs. serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More