Butter 4 oz
Bread Flour 2 oz
Milk 12 oz
Egg Yolks 6 ea
Egg Whites 11 oz
Sugar 4 oz
Nut paste = 70-90 grams per recipe - may vary depending on brand
Chocolate = 7 oz
Liquor add 2-3 oz to taste
Béchamel - from above 16.93 480
Fruit Puree*** 5 oz 140 REDUCED
Egg Whites 11.29 320
Sugar 4oz depends on acidity of puree
Total 28.22 940
1. Make a blonde roux with the butter and the flour.
2. Add the cold milk to the roux and bring to a quick boil,while whisking to break up any lumps.
3. remove from the heat and temper the yolks with the bechamel whisking well to combine.
4. Pour into a bowl and add the flavoring, and cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface.
5. Let cool at room temp or refrigerate until needed.
before making the meringue have base just warm
7. Make a soft peak french meringue and fold into the base
8. pipe into the prepared ramekins
Bake @ 350-375 degree convection oven or 400 degree deck oven
about 8-10 minutes
2. In a med stainless steel bowl, warm up the béchamel over the flame (don't burn the bottom).
3. Stir the puree into the béchamel and warm a little more.
4. Meanwhile, make a French meringue with soft peaks.
5. Sacrifice 1/5 of the meringue into the béchamel to temper the meringue.
6. Delicately fold the rest of the meringue into the béchamel.
Note: Depending on the flavor of your souffle, the batter may be more or less fluid.
7. Place souffle batter into a pastry bag (no tip) with a 1.5" hole in the end.
8. Evenly fill each of the molds, about 7/8ths full.
9. Spread out over a full sheet tray and bake in a 375°F oven for 8-10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Pairs Well With
●For a cheese souffle, use 120g of grated cheese and season well with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
●Chef recommends using 60g of grated parmesan cheese and 60g of grated gruyere cheese.
●When making cheese souffles, butter the ramekins and coat well with bread flour or bread crumbs
●Also, when preparing cheese souffles, add 1 tsp of egg white powder in the beginning of the meringue
to help stabilize it. Whip to medium peak and do not add any sugar, this is a savory souffle.