- Cooking Time: 8-10 hours
- Servings: 24 mini sandwiches
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 slow cooker liner(such a reynolds) makes clean up a snap
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbl. each paprika and dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt free chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp allspice(optional)
- 4 lb. bone in pork sholder roast
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 24 small dinner rolls,split
- 1. line a 4 quart slow cooker with liner.mix 1 tbl of brown sugar ,the paprika,minced onion,chili powder .salt,garlic powder and allspice.sprinkle 1 tbl in slow cooker and rub rest over pork.add vinigar and remaining brown sugar to slow cooker.stir to mix add pork.
- 2. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours until pork is fork tender.remove to cutting board and pull into shreds.return to slow cooker and add scalions toss to coat.
- 3. put about 1/4 cup of mixture onto the bottom of each bun .Top with bun tops.
Notesgrowing up in the south,this recipie comes straight from my homeland..any lover of good bbq has got to try this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More