- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbl. unsalted butter
- 3 tbl. extra virgin olive oil
- 11/2 pounds carrots,peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 2 garlic cloves,crushed and peeled
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbl. chopped parsley
- 1 tbl. vegetable oil
- 4 6-ounce skinless striped bass fillets or other meaty white fish fillets
- 1. in a saucepan boil cider and cider vinegarover high heat until reduced to two tablesppons,15 minutes.remove from heat and stir in butter.
- 2. meanwhile,in a non-stick skillet,heat the olive oil.spread carrots in an even layer and add garlic and rosemary.cook over moderately high heat, without stirringfor three minutes.reduce heat to moderate and cook,stiring until the carrots are tender and richly carmlized,5 minutes longer.discard the garlic and rosemary.season carrots with salt and pepper.Stir in parsley and half of the cider glaze.
- 3.In a non-stick skillet,heat the vegetable oil.Season the fish with salt and pepper and add to the skillet.Cook over moderatly high heat until fillets are lightly browned,4 minutes.turn and cook until fish is just white throughout,2 minutes longer.
- 4. transfer the carmelized carrots to plates and set fish on top.drizzle with the remaining cider glaze and serve.
Notesthis recipe is simply wonderful.i love to fish so i am always on the look out for new ways to cook them up.You can use any white flesh fish you want.