- Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 medium eggplants, halved lengthways
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to hot 200 degrees C.
- Using a small knife and a spoon, carefully remove flesh from eggplant without breaking the skin. Chop flesh coarsely.
- Place eggplant halves onto a baking tray, cut side-up. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake 10 - 15 minutes, until golden and tender. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil, on high. Saute garlic for 30 seconds. Add mince cook for 4-5 minutes, until well browned, breaking up lumps with back of spoon.
- Return eggplant to pan with seasoning, cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant. Stir in tomato and season to taste.
- Fill eggplant halves with mince mixture. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until golden and tender.
Food Travels Through Italy
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and HomeworkSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More