- Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 medium eggplants, halved lengthways
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to hot 200 degrees C.
- Using a small knife and a spoon, carefully remove flesh from eggplant without breaking the skin. Chop flesh coarsely.
- Place eggplant halves onto a baking tray, cut side-up. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake 10 - 15 minutes, until golden and tender. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil, on high. Saute garlic for 30 seconds. Add mince cook for 4-5 minutes, until well browned, breaking up lumps with back of spoon.
- Return eggplant to pan with seasoning, cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant. Stir in tomato and season to taste.
- Fill eggplant halves with mince mixture. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until golden and tender.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More