- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large or 6 smaller green peppers, seeded, stems removed
- a head of cauliflower OR a lb of frozen, chopped fine
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 egg
- 4 oz grated cheese (I used cheddar) - OPTIONAL
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup lowest-carb tomato sauce you can find
- olive oil or bacon drippings
- 1 packet artificial sweetener
- 1 tsp. vinegar (I used balsamic, though cider is lower-carb and also good)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, or equivalent in garlic powder
- 2 tsp herbs of your choice (I used parsley)
- salt and pepper and any seasonings you like, to taste (I like Tony Crachere's
- creole seasoning in it)
- Cook the onion and garlic in olive oil or bacon drippings.
- Cook and crumble the sausage in the same pan.
- Add the cauliflower, cook briefly.
- Season to taste
- Mix in 2 tbsp of the tomato sauce, most of the cheese (opt), and the egg.
- While the filling is cooking, trim the tops off the peppers and remove the
- seeds and any gunk inside.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture.
- Mix the remaining tomato sauce with the artificial sweetener, vinegar, and if
- you wish, some allspice or herbs or creole seasoning.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling.
- Put them into the baking dish and spoon the sauce over the tops.
- Top with remaining grated cheese, if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on High for ten minutes or bake in a
- 350° oven until the peppers are softened.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More