- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large or 6 smaller green peppers, seeded, stems removed
- a head of cauliflower OR a lb of frozen, chopped fine
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 egg
- 4 oz grated cheese (I used cheddar) - OPTIONAL
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup lowest-carb tomato sauce you can find
- olive oil or bacon drippings
- 1 packet artificial sweetener
- 1 tsp. vinegar (I used balsamic, though cider is lower-carb and also good)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, or equivalent in garlic powder
- 2 tsp herbs of your choice (I used parsley)
- salt and pepper and any seasonings you like, to taste (I like Tony Crachere's
- creole seasoning in it)
- Cook the onion and garlic in olive oil or bacon drippings.
- Cook and crumble the sausage in the same pan.
- Add the cauliflower, cook briefly.
- Season to taste
- Mix in 2 tbsp of the tomato sauce, most of the cheese (opt), and the egg.
- While the filling is cooking, trim the tops off the peppers and remove the
- seeds and any gunk inside.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture.
- Mix the remaining tomato sauce with the artificial sweetener, vinegar, and if
- you wish, some allspice or herbs or creole seasoning.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling.
- Put them into the baking dish and spoon the sauce over the tops.
- Top with remaining grated cheese, if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on High for ten minutes or bake in a
- 350° oven until the peppers are softened.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More