- Cooking Time: 12-14 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: approx. 30 minutes
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1-1/3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup colored sugar for decoration
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour and baking powder, stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the heavy cream. Cover dough, and chill for 2 to 3 hours, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms and edges of cookies are light brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
NotesI searched via internet many times, and upon trial and error, and after more searching, discovered this recipe via AllRecipes.com. I love it! I even used this recipe (modified ever so slightly on baking time & temp) to bake up a giant sugar cookie cutout.! i usually allow the dough to chill overnight.. :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More