- Cooking Time: 12-14 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: approx. 30 minutes
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1-1/3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup colored sugar for decoration
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour and baking powder, stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the heavy cream. Cover dough, and chill for 2 to 3 hours, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms and edges of cookies are light brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
NotesI searched via internet many times, and upon trial and error, and after more searching, discovered this recipe via AllRecipes.com. I love it! I even used this recipe (modified ever so slightly on baking time & temp) to bake up a giant sugar cookie cutout.! i usually allow the dough to chill overnight.. :)
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
mussels for one or two
Carrot Cake Bites! GF, V, SCD, Paleo!See More