SWEET POTATO CHEESECAKE
- Cooking Time: 1hr 30min
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 30min
- Graham cracker crust
- * 1 1/2 cups graham crackers (ground)
- * 1/2 cup ground cinnamon
- * 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- * 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- Cheesecake filling
- * 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- * 1 1/4 cups sugar
- * 4 eggs
- * 1 cup sweet potato puree (1 med sweet potato cooked and peeled)
- * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- * 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- * 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * sour cream
- * 2 cups sour cream
- * 1 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven 325°F.
2. To make the crust:.
3. Mix all of the ingredients in a medium bowl until crumbly; press into a 10-inch springform pan and set aside.
5. Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl and beat on high with a hand or a stand mixer (using the paddle attachment).
6. Add the eggs one at a time mixing until incorporated and stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the sweet potato puree, spices, and vanilla. Beat untill just incorporated.
7. Pour the filling in the prepared pan and bake until the center is almost completely set (the center will jiggle slightly); place in the center of a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Stir the sour cream and sugar in a small bowl. Carefully remove cooled cake from pan and spread sour cream mixture on the top.