- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 a yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive tapenade
- 1/2 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light cream (10%)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- parmesan and fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place a rack in the centre of the oven.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the peppers, garlic, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and spread on the the baking sheet.
- Roast for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the peppers are golden. Keep an eye on the peppers as they can burn.
- Once the peppers are done, scrape the entire mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Spread the olive tapenade over the base of the tart shell.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the tapenade.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, light cream, salt and pepper. Pour into the bowl with the red peppers. Mix well and pour the mixture into the tart shell. Don't worry if it appears that there are more peppers than the tart shell can hold. Pile them in the centre.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour. The tart is done when the custard is set and doesn't jiggle.
- Let the tart cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, carefully remove the outer ring and slide the tart of the base.
- Garnish with parmesan and basil before serving.
- Note: This tart is best served warm or at room temperature. Store leftovers (if there are any) in the refrigerator
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cooking for a CureSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More