THREE BEAN TURKEY CHILI
three bean turkey chili
- 1 pound lean ground turkey, extra lean*
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 whole bell pepper, chopped, (red, orange and yellow look nice)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can kidney beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 cans pinto beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 24 ounces salsa (hot to taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 ounces tomato juice
Brown ground turkey with onions, peppers and jalapeno, stirring occasionally. Add 2-3 tablespoons of chili powder. Add garlic when turkey is almost done. Add beans and stir in 1 24-ounce jar of the salsa of your preference. If the mixture seems a little dry, add tomato juice. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, other spices.
*Be careful when buying ground turkey. Some it has added fat making it just as fatty as ground beef.
Makes: about 10 1-cup servings
Per Serving: 194 Calories; 4g Fat; 17g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Sorry for the blurry photo!