WHITE CHOCOLATE AND MACADAMIA TART
- Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 150g butter,chopped
- 1/3 cup icing sugar mixture
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 x 180g block white chocolate, chopped
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160 degrees C. Lightly grease a 23cm loose - bottomed flan pan
- Place flour, butter and icing sugar mixture in a food processor. Process until combined. Add yolks and water. Process until ingredients just come together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out between two sheets of baking paper. Ease into prepared pan, trimming edges. Chill for 10 minutes. Bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove paper and filling. Bake for a further 10 minutes.
- FILLING; Melt 250g chocolate in a small saucepan over a low heat. In a small bowl, using electric beater, beat egg - yolks, eggs and caster sugar until thick and creamy. Stir in cream, extract and melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle pastry base with macadamia nuts. Pour chocolate mixture into pastry case. Bake for about 35 -40 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool to room temperature.