- Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 150g butter,chopped
- 1/3 cup icing sugar mixture
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 x 180g block white chocolate, chopped
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160 degrees C. Lightly grease a 23cm loose - bottomed flan pan
- Place flour, butter and icing sugar mixture in a food processor. Process until combined. Add yolks and water. Process until ingredients just come together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out between two sheets of baking paper. Ease into prepared pan, trimming edges. Chill for 10 minutes. Bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove paper and filling. Bake for a further 10 minutes.
- FILLING; Melt 250g chocolate in a small saucepan over a low heat. In a small bowl, using electric beater, beat egg - yolks, eggs and caster sugar until thick and creamy. Stir in cream, extract and melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle pastry base with macadamia nuts. Pour chocolate mixture into pastry case. Bake for about 35 -40 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool to room temperature.
Food Travels Through Italy
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More