- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: makes 24
- Preparation Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 150g butter, chopped coarsely
- 250g white chocolate, chopped coarsely (use eating chocolate not buds or compound )
- 2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- BUTTER CREAM
- 250g butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar mixture
- 1/3 milk, approximately
- Preheat oven to moderately slow 160 degrees C / 140 degrees C fan forced. Line 2 x 12 hole muffin pans 80ml capacity with cases.
- Combined butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in a medium pan; with a wooden spoon, stir over low heat, without boiling, until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl; cool 15 minutes
- Whisk in sifted flours, then essence and eggs. Pour mixture evenly into prepared pans. Bake cakes for about 35 minutes or until cooked when tested cool.
- BUTTER CREAM : Beat the butter in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale in colour. Gradually beat in sifted icing sugar, then enough of the milk to make a spreadable consistency. Spread icing over the muffins.