~^Angel's^~ Chicken and Dumplin's (using Bisquick)
Why I Love This Recipe
My favorite go-to comfort food- feed a couple or feed a few!
Ingredients You'll Need
2-3 (appx 12 oz total) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves, trimmed and cubed- thawed if frozen
For Dumpling Dough:
2c Bisquick Original Baking mix
*1/2 Tbsp Margarine
1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Sage
1/4 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Parsley
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1 heaping tsp Dry Chopped Onion Flakes
6 Chicken Bouillon Cubes + 7 1/2 c Water (substituted for 2 Quarts Chicken Broth)
1) In a large pot, over medium-high heat, boil cut chicken in Broth, along with seasonings until almost done.
2) Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, add Bisquick, then pour in milk. Mix together using a "cut-and-pull" motion with a rubber spatula or mixing spoon until just wet. Dough will be soft and possibly a little sticky. Set aside.
3) Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from broth and set aside.
4) *Add Margarine and allow to melt. Drop Dumpling Dough into boiling broth by heaping spoonfuls, one at a time.
5) Boil on medium heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally by pushing the dumplings, scraping the bottom of the pan so they don't stick to the bottom and burn.
6) Add chicken back into the pot. Cover with lid. Turn down heat, and simmer another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Broth will thicken as the dumplings cook down.