- Cooking Time: 1-2 hrs
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 30 -45 min
- 1 box cake (prefer Duncan Hines Super Moist White)
- 1 small box jello (strawberry or cherry)
- 1 can of Big Red soda- if you don't have Big Red (texas thing).. you can use any red soda.
- 1 box vanilla pudding
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
- Maraschino Cherries / Pineapple/ Pecans for garnish optional
- 1. Bake Cake as directed in 13 x 9 in. pan, (clear glass preferred its prettier) ;o)
- 2. While cake is baking, prepare Jello as directed, EXCEPT when directions call for 1 cup of cold water.... USE INSTEAD 1 cup of "Big Red" (red soda). Stir until jello is completely dissolved.
- 3. Once cake is done, let cool, then poke holes all over the cake using fork and pour "Big Red Jello" over cake and let cake set in refrigerator at least 4 hrs. Just like, if you were letting the jello set.
- 4. Once cake is set, make Vanilla pudding according to package directions and spread over top of cake.
- 5. Next add a layer of Cool Whip on top and Garnish with your choice of toppings. (we prefer cherries)
NotesThis cake takes me back to when I was little. This was my Grandfathers favorite cake. My aunt would make it for him. Its very delish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
The Naked Macaron
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More