"BIG RED" CAKE
- Cooking Time: 1-2 hrs
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 30 -45 min
- 1 box cake (prefer Duncan Hines Super Moist White)
- 1 small box jello (strawberry or cherry)
- 1 can of Big Red soda- if you don't have Big Red (texas thing).. you can use any red soda.
- 1 box vanilla pudding
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
- Maraschino Cherries / Pineapple/ Pecans for garnish optional
1. Bake Cake as directed in 13 x 9 in. pan, (clear glass preferred its prettier) ;o)
2. While cake is baking, prepare Jello as directed, EXCEPT when directions call for 1 cup of cold water.... USE INSTEAD 1 cup of "Big Red" (red soda). Stir until jello is completely dissolved.
3. Once cake is done, let cool, then poke holes all over the cake using fork and pour "Big Red Jello" over cake and let cake set in refrigerator at least 4 hrs. Just like, if you were letting the jello set.
4. Once cake is set, make Vanilla pudding according to package directions and spread over top of cake.
5. Next add a layer of Cool Whip on top and Garnish with your choice of toppings. (we prefer cherries)