~BEE'S KNEES BARS~ YUMMY! ;)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey, or more if needed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Beat butter, the 1/3 cup honey and extract until smooth.
Blend in flour, oats and salt. Stir in butterscotch chips.
Press dough into ungreased 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan (bars will be thin.)
Sprinkle almonds over top and pat into dough. Brush with 2 tablespoons honey. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
Cool completely before cutting into bars.