- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey, or more if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter, the 1/3 cup honey and extract until smooth.
- Blend in flour, oats and salt. Stir in butterscotch chips.
- Press dough into ungreased 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan (bars will be thin.)
- Sprinkle almonds over top and pat into dough. Brush with 2 tablespoons honey. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More