- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Yellow cake (from scratch or from a box... whatever)
- Crushed pineapple in natural juice
- Instant vanilla pudding
- Whipped cream (1 cup heavy cream makes enough for 24 cupcakes)
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Chopped walnuts
- Bake the cupcakes and make the pudding according to their recipes.
- Cut a cone out of the top of each cupcake, then slice off the pointed tip of the cone.
- Fill each cupcake with 1-2 teaspoons of crushed pineapple. Make sure to include the pineapple juice to keep the cake nice and moist. Don't use TOO MUCH juice or it will make the cupcake soggy.
- Put the top back on the cupcakes, and put 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla pudding on each. Spread it around to "seal" the top of the cupcake over the pineapple.
- Spoon or pipe 1-2 tablespoons of whipped cream on top of the pudding.
- Top with coconut and chopped walnuts.
- These must be kept refrigerated, & they taste best when they're cold.
NotesBlogged at howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
I got this recipe from my mother. I don't know who she picked it up from, but it's a fairly popular recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
MetroCooking Texas 2013
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More