- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red or white onion, rinsed
- 3/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 8 pitted fresh or dried apricot halves
- 5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. blueberry vinegar (recipe follows)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups (packed) arugula
- In a bowl, combine onion and salt; let stand at least 2 hours. (Can be prepped and refrigerated up to 3 days.)
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- If using dried apricots, place in a bowl and cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- Arrange apricot halves on a broiler pan, skin side up; brush with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Broil until skins begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Cool; cut in 1/4-inch slices; set aside.
- To prepare blueberry dressing: In a cup, whisk remaining 4 Tbsp. olive oil and 2 Tbsp. blueberry vinegar.
- Rinse salted onion; drain. In a bowl, toss arugula with half of the blueberry dressing; arrange on four serving plates. In the same bowl, combine blueberries and onion; toss with remaining dressing. Arrange on serving plates, dividing equally. Garnish with apricot strips.
- For blueberry vinegar: In a blender container, combine 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 cups white wine vinegar. Blend until pureed; strain. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- SERVINGS:4 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More