- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 Roma tomatoes, diced small
- 2 oz. Fresh basil, shredded
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Ground black pepper
- Corn - see note below
- Wash and dice tomatoes.
- Place into a mixing bowl and combine with the basil, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Allow to marinate for 15 minutes prior to using. Mixture can also be refrigerated.
NotesThis is the original recipe, which I only use as a reference now. It’s the best salsa ever! I've been making this salsa for a long time and don't use a recipe anymore. I use all of the above ingredients and eyeball them depending on how big of a batch I'm making. The only addition to the recipe is the one can of rinsed corn I add to the mixture. If you make the original recipe you might want to only add half a can. I also think it tastes much better when you make it the day before. Adjust the seasoning before eating. Since this salsa is super fresh, it doesn't last very long -3 days is about the max.
Breads and Pastry 101
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More