- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 Roma tomatoes, diced small
- 2 oz. Fresh basil, shredded
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Ground black pepper
- Corn - see note below
- Wash and dice tomatoes.
- Place into a mixing bowl and combine with the basil, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Allow to marinate for 15 minutes prior to using. Mixture can also be refrigerated.
NotesThis is the original recipe, which I only use as a reference now. It’s the best salsa ever! I've been making this salsa for a long time and don't use a recipe anymore. I use all of the above ingredients and eyeball them depending on how big of a batch I'm making. The only addition to the recipe is the one can of rinsed corn I add to the mixture. If you make the original recipe you might want to only add half a can. I also think it tastes much better when you make it the day before. Adjust the seasoning before eating. Since this salsa is super fresh, it doesn't last very long -3 days is about the max.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Adventures in Cooking
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More