- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 40
BackstoryThese were num-er-iffic! Super cheesy. Remember to follow the instructions when cooking the soyrizo; overcooking will burn the meat substitute and will leave most of it stuck to your pan.
- 1 package "Soyrizo" cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini squash, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn kernels
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 more tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (with or without seasonings)
- 1 vegan bouillon cube dissolved in 14 ounces hot water OR 14 ounces of vegetable broth
- 1 package cheddar flavored Daiya vegan cheese
- Approximately 15-20 small corn tortillas
- Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for several minutes until the vegetables start to brown. Add the zucchini and pepper and cook for several minutes more. Add the diced tomatoes, corn, and parsley. Increase the heat to medium high and cook until the water from the tomatoes has evaporated, approximately 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool while making the sauce.
- In a medium sized saucepan, warm the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the cumin, flour, and tomato sauce and stir until it forms a paste. Add the water and whisk until combined. Simmer, continuing to whisk, until thickened, approximately 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine the soyrizo and sauteed vegetables in a bowl or in the pot you used for cooking the veggies, if cooled to the touch. You don't want to burn your fingers! Add 3/4 cups of the Daiya cheese. Mix until all of the goodies are well combined.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish lightly with olive oil spray. Wrap the corn tortillas in some damp paper towels and microwave for one and a half minutes. To assemble the enchiladas, scoop 1/3 of a cup of the soyrizo vegetable mixture into the center of each tortilla. Fold one side of the tortilla over the mixture and then fold the other side over it and place it seam down in your baking dish.
- Whisk your sauce one last time before pouring it evenly over the tortillas. Top with the remaining Daiya cheese and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Then, enjoy the cheezy goodness!