- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. boiling water
- 1/2 c. unsweetened coca powder
- 1 1/4 c.all- purpose flour
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2/3 c. light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c. chopped almonds or walnuts (optional)
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. chopped sliced almonds or walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 c. boiling water (or more as needed for spreading consistency)
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 3 tsps. instant coffee granules
- Maraschino cherries
- 2 (6 oz. pkgs) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 13x9 in. baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine boiling water and cocoa in large bowl. Mix until completely dissoved.
- Add flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, egg whites, oil, and vanilla; mix well. Fold in nuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 25 min. or until brownies spring back when lightly touched. DO Not Overbake!
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Add Topping: Prepare by combining powdered sugar, nuts, boiling water, corn syrup and coffee granules. Mix well and spread on top of brownie mixture.
- Next, place maraschino cherries (with stems removed) on top of the glaze. Use amount of cherries you prefer; May put on whole or sliced or chopped. ( For myself, I try to get at least 2 cherries per square.)
- Next, melt semi-sweet chocolate morsels over warm water.
- Spoon over cherries, or drizzle- your preference.
- OPTIONAL: After 5 min. Garnish with your choice: flaked coconut, multi-colored sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, or chopped nuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Koken met OmaSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More