- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. boiling water
- 1/2 c. unsweetened coca powder
- 1 1/4 c.all- purpose flour
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2/3 c. light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c. chopped almonds or walnuts (optional)
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. chopped sliced almonds or walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 c. boiling water (or more as needed for spreading consistency)
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 3 tsps. instant coffee granules
- Maraschino cherries
- 2 (6 oz. pkgs) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 13x9 in. baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine boiling water and cocoa in large bowl. Mix until completely dissoved.
- Add flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, egg whites, oil, and vanilla; mix well. Fold in nuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 25 min. or until brownies spring back when lightly touched. DO Not Overbake!
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Add Topping: Prepare by combining powdered sugar, nuts, boiling water, corn syrup and coffee granules. Mix well and spread on top of brownie mixture.
- Next, place maraschino cherries (with stems removed) on top of the glaze. Use amount of cherries you prefer; May put on whole or sliced or chopped. ( For myself, I try to get at least 2 cherries per square.)
- Next, melt semi-sweet chocolate morsels over warm water.
- Spoon over cherries, or drizzle- your preference.
- OPTIONAL: After 5 min. Garnish with your choice: flaked coconut, multi-colored sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, or chopped nuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More