- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups premium bitter- or semisweet chocolate chips
- (Ghirardelli or Guittard)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine first 5 ingredients (through cinnamon) in large bowl; whisk together.
- In separate bowl, cream Crisco, both sugars, vanilla and lemon.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until smooth.
- Stir in dry ingredients, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon by rounded 1/4-cup blobs 2 in. apart on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until light golden brown on outside edges but still soft in middle.
NotesI've been tinkering with my chocolate chip cookie recipe for years. I passed out this most recent variation at a church potluck, where it was declared a DG (darn good) cookie. I think you'll agree, it's pretty DG!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More