- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups premium bitter- or semisweet chocolate chips
- (Ghirardelli or Guittard)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine first 5 ingredients (through cinnamon) in large bowl; whisk together.
- In separate bowl, cream Crisco, both sugars, vanilla and lemon.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until smooth.
- Stir in dry ingredients, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon by rounded 1/4-cup blobs 2 in. apart on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until light golden brown on outside edges but still soft in middle.
NotesI've been tinkering with my chocolate chip cookie recipe for years. I passed out this most recent variation at a church potluck, where it was declared a DG (darn good) cookie. I think you'll agree, it's pretty DG!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More