- Cooking Time: 2 to 3 hours
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3.5 lbs. ground chuck
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 2 medium Jalapeno or chili pepper of your choice
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1 T. cumin
- 6 T. Emeril's Southwest Seasoning
- 1 can Beef broth
- 1/2 can water
- 16 oz. can of GUINESS BEER (a must)
- 14 oz can of crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato paste
- Brown the ground chuck, set it aside. Course chop the onion and garlic cloves. Saute for a few minutes till they are a little soft. Add cooked beef back to pot. Add cumin, salt, pepper, Emeril's seasoning, broth, water,chopped hot chili peppers, beer, tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir well and simmer for 2 to 3 hours. Adjust seasonings at the end. Add more "Heat" if you like your chili really hot. Dry hot pepper seeds helps. Adjust salt and pepper.
- (note) We have the butcher grind the chuch on a larger sized grinding head. This keeps the texture through the cooking process.
NotesA friend of ours came up with this recipe for a contest and he won. When ever we make it, there a lot of compliments.