~FRENCH DIP ROAST~ GREAT BBQ SANDWICHES
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 ½ to 4 pounds boneless roast (I always use a lean cheap cut)
- ½ cup soy sauce (I used the lite soy sauce, lower sodium).
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed (you may want to use less if you don't like rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic r (or garlic powder) this is Optional!!
- You can add some onion slices to this is you like, depending on who I'm fixing it for I will. It really doesn't seem to change the flavor to us that much.
- 12 French rolls, split
- Place roast in a 5-quart slow cooker. Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients. Pour over roast.
- Add water to slow cooker until roast is almost covered.
- Cook, covered, on LOW for 7 hours or until very tender.
- Remove roast, reserving broth.
- I like to shred the roast with two forks and serve on sandwich rolls with the broth on the side for dipping.
NotesOh baby! We LOVED this :) I use the cheapest cut -- it will come out tasting like you slaved over a stove all day long. You can add potatoes and carrots to the recipe if you like, or shred it and serve it as a French Dip sandwich. I had the au jus sauce (in the crock pot) served on the side for dipping.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More