~FRENCH DIP ROAST~ GREAT BBQ SANDWICHES
~French Dip Roast~ GREAT BBQ Sandwiches
- 3 ½ to 4 pounds boneless roast (I always use a lean cheap cut)
- ½ cup soy sauce (I used the lite soy sauce, lower sodium).
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed (you may want to use less if you don't like rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic r (or garlic powder) this is Optional!!
- You can add some onion slices to this is you like, depending on who I'm fixing it for I will. It really doesn't seem to change the flavor to us that much.
- 12 French rolls, split
Place roast in a 5-quart slow cooker. Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients. Pour over roast.
Add water to slow cooker until roast is almost covered.
Cook, covered, on LOW for 7 hours or until very tender.
Remove roast, reserving broth.
I like to shred the roast with two forks and serve on sandwich rolls with the broth on the side for dipping.