- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/4 C. Olive Oil
- 3 T. chopped fresh (Basil) or 1 T. dried
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. Pepper
- 4 medium Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 C. chopped Onion
- 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a bowl, combine oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add tomato & onion and toss gently. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Bring to room temperature before serving. Cut bread into 24 slices; toast under broiler until lightly browned. Top with tomato mixture. Serve immediatley...
NotesIf you haven't tried this dish, you're missing out. What a great appetizer! Another great recipe from the magazine (Taste of Home).
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More