- Cooking Time: 18 to 20 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 box (18.25 oz) lemon flavored cake mix
- Orange Cream Cheese Icing:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with liners.
- Combine the avocado and the buttermilk in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until mixture is nearly smooth. Add the eggs and the cake mix and continue to beat for an additional 2 minutes. Spoon batter into 24 cupcake liners; bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched. Cool completely on wire racks before frosting.
- For the icing, combine the butter, cream cheese, orange peel and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. With a hand mixer, beat until smooth. Add the orange juice, blending well. Stir the powdered sugar into the mixture and then beat until smooth, adding additional sugar until desired consistency is reached. If icing becomes too thick, add more orange juice, a teaspoon at a time. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
NotesWho knew that combining an avocado and a lemon cake mix could be so delicious?!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Lau Family Recipes
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More