- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a recipe from my niece Debbie. Very good bread, give this a try....
- 1 C. scalded Milk
- 2/3 C. Grape Nut Cereal
- 1 Egg (well beaten)
- 3 T. Butter (melted)
- 1/4 C. Honey
- 1-3/4 C. sifted all purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 t. Baking Powder
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 2/3 C. firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 2/3 C. Apples finely chopped
- In small bowl, mix hot milk with cereal, let cool to room temperature; then add egg, butter and honey; mix well; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; stir in fruit. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir just to moisten flour.
- Fill a greased 8x4" loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan. Enjoy!
- You can substitute the apples in this recipe for apricots, if desired...
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More