- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C. scalded Milk
- 2/3 C. Grape Nut Cereal
- 1 Egg (well beaten)
- 3 T. Butter (melted)
- 1/4 C. Honey
- 1-3/4 C. sifted all purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 t. Baking Powder
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 2/3 C. firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 2/3 C. Apples finely chopped
- In small bowl, mix hot milk with cereal, let cool to room temperature; then add egg, butter and honey; mix well; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; stir in fruit. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir just to moisten flour.
- Fill a greased 8x4" loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan. Enjoy!
- You can substitute the apples in this recipe for apricots, if desired...
NotesThis is a recipe from my niece Debbie. Very good bread, give this a try....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More