- Cooking Time: 3-4 min
- Servings: 9x13 pan of enchiladas
- Preparation Time: 1 min
- 2 Tablespoons oil, Crisco, or lard (sadly lard makes it taste even better)
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- In a sauce pan, heat up the oil over medium heat.
- Pour the flour in the oil and cook for 1 to 2 min stirring constantly. Don't let it turn brown.
- Pour the chicken stock in and chili powder stirring constantly until thick. This happens pretty quick.
- Add salt if needed.
- Sauce will get thicker as it cools. So try to use it right away. If you make the sauce ahead of time, just pop it in the microwave to warm it up and make it more pourable.
NotesMy dad came up with this recipe because he doesn't like canned enchilada sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More