- Cooking Time: 3-4 min
- Servings: 9x13 pan of enchiladas
- Preparation Time: 1 min
- 2 Tablespoons oil, Crisco, or lard (sadly lard makes it taste even better)
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- In a sauce pan, heat up the oil over medium heat.
- Pour the flour in the oil and cook for 1 to 2 min stirring constantly. Don't let it turn brown.
- Pour the chicken stock in and chili powder stirring constantly until thick. This happens pretty quick.
- Add salt if needed.
- Sauce will get thicker as it cools. So try to use it right away. If you make the sauce ahead of time, just pop it in the microwave to warm it up and make it more pourable.
NotesMy dad came up with this recipe because he doesn't like canned enchilada sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More