- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups carrots, finely grated
- 8 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip Free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans.
- Whip egg whites in mixing bowl until stiff. Spoon into another bowl and set aside.
- Cream sugar, oil, syrup, and crushed pineapple with juice in mixing bowl. Beat in egg yolks and egg substitute. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to mixing bowl, and beat on low speed until blended. Fold in whipped egg whites. Stir in grated carrots and pour mixture evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
- To make icing, beat together cream cheese, Splenda and vanilla extract. Fold in Cool Whip Free. Spread onto cooled cake layers. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.
- Nutrition Information per serving:
- 251 Cal., 4 g. fat, 1 g. fiber
NotesI have taken a traditional carrot cake recipe and made it a little more "waist watcher" friendly. It is moist and delicious... you will hardly miss the fat and calories!
Servings - 16
Points - 5
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
The Naked Macaron
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More