- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup sifted enriched flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate (3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup shortening (I only use Crisco)
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts coarsely chopped
- Oil the pan and se the oven at 350º
- Sift the flour, measure, add baking powder and salt, and resift.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in the top of a double boiler over boiling water. Remove when melted.
- Beat the eggs well, add sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in melted shortening and chocolate.
- Add the flour, blend well. Add the nuts and stir only enough to blend in.
- Spread in the greased pan, bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick. When stuck in the middle of the baked batter the toothpick should come out clean and the top crust should be glossy and firm.
- Place pan on the cake cooler. When thoroughly cooled cut in squares and remove the squares carefully.
- Dust the top with confectioner’s sugar, if desired.
NotesAfter trying brownie after brownie my son-in-laws, 91 year old Mother and grandson awarded and named these as their all time favorite return favorites.
Hope you like these, enjoy!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More