- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups uncooked bulgar, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 large egg, beaten (or egg substitute!)
- oregano to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 to 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup tomato juice plus extra if needed
- Mix together the bulgar, onion, and egg. Season with the oregano and pepper. Form into walnut-sized balls.
- Coat a large skillet lightly with oil and heat over med-high heat. Add the balls, and cook until browned. Add the tomato juice, cover, and cook until the bulgar softens, adding extra juice if the skillet becomes dry, for about 5 minutes.
NotesThis is a really easy recipe and you can make tons of things with "meat"balls!!! Think meatball subs, spaghetti and meatballs, and anything you a meat-eater would use meatballs for!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More