- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups uncooked bulgar, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 large egg, beaten (or egg substitute!)
- oregano to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 to 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup tomato juice plus extra if needed
- Mix together the bulgar, onion, and egg. Season with the oregano and pepper. Form into walnut-sized balls.
- Coat a large skillet lightly with oil and heat over med-high heat. Add the balls, and cook until browned. Add the tomato juice, cover, and cook until the bulgar softens, adding extra juice if the skillet becomes dry, for about 5 minutes.
NotesThis is a really easy recipe and you can make tons of things with "meat"balls!!! Think meatball subs, spaghetti and meatballs, and anything you a meat-eater would use meatballs for!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More