- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 C. cooked Brown Rice
- 1 medium Tomatoe, chopped
- 1/2 C. Sweet Red Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 C. coarsely chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1/3 C. Green Onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, stem & seeds removed, chopped fine
- 1/3 C. Olive Oil
- 1/4 C. fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 t. groudn Cumin
- 2 C. Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 ripe Avocado, peeled, seeded & diced (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine beans, rice, tomatoe, red pepper, cilantro and green onion.
- Add Jalapeno, oil, lemon juice & cumin to blender and process until well blended.
- Drizzle over bean mixture and toss to coat well. Cover & chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, toss salad with cheese and (avocado if desired).
- Number Of Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
NotesYou guessed it. This is another Taste of Home recipe...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More