- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 C. cooked Brown Rice
- 1 medium Tomatoe, chopped
- 1/2 C. Sweet Red Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 C. coarsely chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1/3 C. Green Onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, stem & seeds removed, chopped fine
- 1/3 C. Olive Oil
- 1/4 C. fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 t. groudn Cumin
- 2 C. Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 ripe Avocado, peeled, seeded & diced (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine beans, rice, tomatoe, red pepper, cilantro and green onion.
- Add Jalapeno, oil, lemon juice & cumin to blender and process until well blended.
- Drizzle over bean mixture and toss to coat well. Cover & chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, toss salad with cheese and (avocado if desired).
- Number Of Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
NotesYou guessed it. This is another Taste of Home recipe...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Breads and Pastry 101
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More