- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 C. cooked Brown Rice
- 1 medium Tomatoe, chopped
- 1/2 C. Sweet Red Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 C. coarsely chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1/3 C. Green Onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, stem & seeds removed, chopped fine
- 1/3 C. Olive Oil
- 1/4 C. fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 t. groudn Cumin
- 2 C. Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 ripe Avocado, peeled, seeded & diced (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine beans, rice, tomatoe, red pepper, cilantro and green onion.
- Add Jalapeno, oil, lemon juice & cumin to blender and process until well blended.
- Drizzle over bean mixture and toss to coat well. Cover & chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, toss salad with cheese and (avocado if desired).
- Number Of Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
NotesYou guessed it. This is another Taste of Home recipe...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
NFPG Recipe Collection
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More