- Cooking Time: 15 or 20 minutes
- Servings: 60 candies
- Preparation Time: 20minutes
- 1/2c.Butter or Margarine,softened
- 1c. finely chopped pecans
- 4c.sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4c.green creme de menthe
- 1(6-oz.pkg.)of semi-sweet chocolate pieces(1c.)
- In a large mixing bowl,beat butter or margarine,pecans,creme de menthe and 2c. powdered sugar.Beat or stir in remaining powdered sugar.Cover and chill mixture for 1 hour or till firm.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.Place balls on foil-lined or waxed paper lined baking sheet.Chill for another 15 minutes.
- In a small,heavy saucepan,heat chocolatae pieces and shortening over low heat (very low),stirring constantly,till chocolate melts.
- Dip one side of each of the chilled balls into melted chocolate .Return to baking sheet,chill till set or cover and store in refrigeration for up to 1 week.Or freeze candies in freezer container for up to 3 months.*Note: For non-alcholic candies use 1/4c. corn syrup 1/4t.pepermint extract and a few drops of green food coloring:Inplace of the Creme de menthe.
NotesThis recipe I found myself in a magazine Midwest Living I still have the magazine that it came from. I am just not sure of when they published it not able to get my hand's on the magazine myself I really can't tell you when this recipe was printed in it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Breads and Pastry 101
The Social CookbookSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More