- Cooking Time: 2-3 or 4-6 hours
- Servings: 10 1-cup servings
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 (16 oz.) can pork-n-beans
- 1 (15-1/2 oz.) can lima beans
- 1 (15-1/2 oz.) can mild chili beans
- 1 lb. lean ham, cubed
- 1 (10-1/2 oz.) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 4 cups hot water or chicken broth
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Pour in cans of pork & beans, lima, and chili beans and with a hand-held mixer, beat the beans on high speed for 1 minute to make a thick base for the soup. (This didn't work out so well for me, so I left the beans whole. The end result was just fine.) Add in the cubed ham, tomato soup, onion soup mix, and water. (I substituted chicken broth for the water, and it made a richer base.) Stir until well mixed. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
- You can probably use any combo of beans that you wish. I want to try green beans in my next batch. You can also add in bacon for added flavor.
NotesI'm not a huge fan of bean & ham soup. This one is different enough that I actually like it.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More