- Cooking Time: 12 to 14 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 5-1/4 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups butter
- 3 cups brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups chocolate chips (your choice of variety)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter. Add brown and white sugar. Beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat another minute or two.
- Gradually add dry ingredients at low speed. Mix only until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using small scoop, drop dough on greased OR parchment-lined cookie sheet. Sugar coat the bottom of a small juice glass. Press each cookie down slightly.
- Bake approximately 12 to 14 minutes, until edges are golden.
- NOTE: The cookies are approximately 3-inches (in the picture).
NotesI have tweaked chocolate chip cookies over the years, and gradually started using more brown sugar and less white sugar for richer flavor. I've also increased the amount of vanilla. The cookies seem to bake more evenly by slightly flattening them. These are the chips I used for the cookies in the picture: bittersweet and milk chocolate-caramel swirl.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Jean’s Recipe File
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More