"NO EGGS" PECAN PIE
- Cooking Time: 50-60 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1- 8" Pie shell
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 Vanilla bean (ground fine) or 1 1/2 Teaspoon powdered vanilla
- 1/2 Cup hot water
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup
- 1 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1- 5 oz. Can evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 Cup coarsely chopped Green Valley brand Pecan halves
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- Roll out the pie crust and gently cover the inside of an 8 inch deep dish pie shell. Where the dough overlaps the edge of the pan, pinch it a bit to raise the edge above the pan. To get a fluted edge, pinch it again. This time forcing the dough a bit outward, rather then upward. Making an edge like this will prevent the pie from overflowing during cooking and will make the pie more attractive. IN a double boiler, melt the butter and mix the flour thoroughly with it. This will prevent the flour from lumping. Add the vanilla and follow with the salt, maple syrup, hot water and sugar. When the batter is smooth, mix in the evaporated milk and Pecans. Immediately pour this into the pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
NotesThis is just one of our specialty recipes highlighting the many ways you can use Pecans. We're more interested in creating a story afterward, so let us know how it turns out if you end up trying anytime soon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More