- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lb. pork butt
- 1 1/2 lb. pork liver
- 1 medium onion
- 1 c. barley
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp. ground allspice
- Cook meat, onions and spices together.
- Soak barley overnight.
- When meat is cooked, take out and let cool.
- Strain the juice the meat is cooked in.
- Drain and rinse barley.
- Cook the barley in the meat juice.
- Add more water as the barley cooks.
- Meantime, grind up the meat and when barley is cooked add meat to barley, stirring constantly so not to scorch.
- When well heated take off burner.
- Serve with eggs and toast for breakfast.
- Can be frozen several weeks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More