- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lb. pork butt
- 1 1/2 lb. pork liver
- 1 medium onion
- 1 c. barley
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp. ground allspice
- Cook meat, onions and spices together.
- Soak barley overnight.
- When meat is cooked, take out and let cool.
- Strain the juice the meat is cooked in.
- Drain and rinse barley.
- Cook the barley in the meat juice.
- Add more water as the barley cooks.
- Meantime, grind up the meat and when barley is cooked add meat to barley, stirring constantly so not to scorch.
- When well heated take off burner.
- Serve with eggs and toast for breakfast.
- Can be frozen several weeks.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More