- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large chicken breasts, halved
- minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- bread crumbs
- grated parmesan (I used the real stuff and recommend it but the dried can substitute)
- garlic powder (optional)
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock (you can use broth too but they have this wonderful stock in the stores now that I use instead and you can get it in a large container or smaller, 1 cup containers)
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- mix the garlic & olive oil in one bowl and the bread crumbs, parmesan and garlic powder (optional or to taste) in another
- dredge both sides of the halved breasts in the garlic-olive mixture first, then in the bread crumbs-parmesan mixture and place in a heated skillet to lightly brown (do not cook all the way through) on each side
- remove the breasts from the skillet and place in an oven-safe casserole or roaster (without the rack).
- place a slice of muenster cheese on top of each breast and sprinkle the sliced mushrooms on top.
- pour the cup of chicken stock/broth over all and cover with lid or aluminum foil.
- place in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes
- uncover and baste the chicken with juices if necessary (if it's a small enough dish, the juices will surround the chicken but if it's large and the chicken is mostly on dry land, baste).
- place back in oven (uncovered) for another 15 minutes
- serve with rice, pasta or potatoes - there will be about a cup of thin gravy
NotesThis is a combination of two recipes I tried last night (another successful experiment) that I need to get down in writing for future usage
Thanks to Jami on here for one of the recipes (her Garlic Chicken) and to Allrecipes for the second (Muenster Chicken and Mushrooms)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More