- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c. organic sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 c. oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 1/2 c. raisins/dried berries
- 1 c. slivered almonds/peanuts
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. flax seeds
- Beat butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to mixture. Stir in chocolate, nuts, oatmeal and raisins.
- Drop by large tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Set oven at 350 degrees.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and cool on wire rack.
- Makes 2 ½ to 3 dozen.
NotesI wanted to make a healthy but very tasty cookie. After looking through recipes, I improvised and came up with this. It is high in protein, omega-3's, and antioxidiants!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Christmas CookiesSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More